Conwy, Caernarfonshire (Gwynedd), North Wales. (3) Location map
 
  View of the town square, Conway, Caernarvonshire (Gwynedd), Snowdonia, North Wales   In the town square stands a statue of Llywelyn the Great, the founder of Conwy, and at the end of the street on the left is the inevitable wall and one of the original gateways.

The town square is at the top of High Street just a short distance from the railway station.

 

Enlarge Comment  
 
  Picture of Berry Street, Conway, Caernarfonshire (Gwynedd), Snowdonia, North Wales   Berry Street.

Looking along the continuation of Castle Street you can see that it passes through the medieval town wall at the end.

 

 

 

Enlarge Comment  
 
  Photograph of St. Mary's Church, Conway, Caernarvonshire (Gwynedd), Snowdonia, North Wales   St. Mary's Church, Conwy.

This church was once part of a Cistercian Abbey which no longer exists and the oldest part of this church was erected by Cistercian monks about 1190.

 

 

Enlarge Comment  
 
  Photograph of St. Mary's Church, Conway, Caernarvonshire (Gwynedd), Snowdonia, North Wales   St. Mary's Church, Conwy.

Another view of the church and churchyard. It is easy to miss this church because, being in the centre of Conwy, it is surrounded on all sides by buildings except for the few entrance roads.

 

 

Enlarge Comment