Plas Newydd, Anglesey, Wales
Plas Newydd is a country house set in gardens, parkland and surrounding woodland on the north bank of the Menai Strait near Menai Bridge, Anglesey, Wales. The current building has its origins in 1470, and evolved over the centuries to become one of Anglesey's principal residences. It became the country seat of the Marquesses of Anglesey although the house and grounds, with views over the strait and Snowdonia, are open to the public, having been owned by the National Trust since 1976.
After entering the property, and on the path to the house, the first thing that we noticed was this line of rather impressive trees.
The house overlooking the Menai Strait looks very impressive. The earliest parts of the current house were built in the early 16th century creating a hall-house. Plas Newydd had been extended in the middle of the 18th century including an octagonal tower at the south-east and there were substantial additions and rebuilding throughout the estate.