Conwy, Caernarfonshire, Wales
This elegant suspension bridge was completed in 1826. It replaced the ferry, which was previously the only means of crossing the river. Attempting the crossing before this was a daunting prospect for travellers, the river currents being treacherous, and many folk drowned in the attempt.
The road bridge can be seen on the left and Robert Stephenson's railway bridge, built in 1848, on the right.
The River Conwy near its estuary looking north-east towards Deganwy from on the Conwy road bridge.
View through the town wall along Berry Steet and Castle Street to the Castle at the end.
|More town views
Looking across the Conwy Valley from north to south about 6 miles south of Conwy.