Sandwich (6), Kent
St. Thomas's Hospital, named in honour of St. Thomas Becket, was built to house the poor and today are termed Alms Houses. The original building dated from the 14th century but was situated in another part of the town. These buildings replaced the original and date from 1878.
The 13th century chapel for St. Bartholomews Hospital, another group of Alms Houses which are clustered around it.
The Guildhall was built in 1579, enlarged in 1912, and a new extension was added in 1973.
The old town wall was built on a raised bank surrounding the town to the south. It was built of a variety of materials but mostly wood which has since rotted away leaving just the earthen bank seen here.
It now forms a pleasant raised path following a semi- circle starting at the Quay and ending at the western end of Strand Street.