More of Strand, London
Just past St. Clement Danes Church, at No. 213 Strand, is the George Tavern. It is a genuine timber-framed building at nearly 300 years old and not a modern fake.
At 216 Strand is Twining's Tea Shop (it sells tea leaves in packets and not cups of tea).
There were many shops established in London during the 18th century but Twining's is the oldest occupying the same site and to be run by the same family. The alabaster Chinese figures over the doorway have been there since 1787.
Queen Anne and Christopher Wren used to buy their tea here so if it's good enough for them it's good enough for you!
The Royal Courts of Justice were opened by Queen Victoria 4th December 1882.
The measurements are approximately: 470 feet from East to West; 460 feet from north to south; 245 feet from the Strand level to the highest point.
At 229-230 Strand is what used to be the Wig and Pen Club but is now a Thai restaurant. The building is as old as it looks, having been built in 1625, and survived the Great Fire of London.
The Temple Bar Monument marks the boundary between the cities of London and Westminster.
There used to be a stone gateway here which eventually became an impediment to traffic and so was moved to a new location. It can now be seen next to St. Paul's Cathedral where it forms an entrance to Paternoster Square.