Westminster Cathedral Interior, London  
Lady Chapel, Westminster Cathedral, London, England, Great Britain
Westminster Cathedral.

Construction of the cathedral started in 1895 but when the Cathedral's architect, John Bentley, died in 1902 there were no completed mosaics in the Cathedral.

The mosaics installed during the period 1912-1916 were mostly done by devotees of the Arts and Crafts Movement. The period 1930-1935 saw a tremendous amount of work done and saw mosaics placed in the Lady Chapel, in the alcoves above the confessionals, in the crypt dedicated to Saint Peter as well as on the sanctuary arch.

The next mosaics were not installed until 1950, then in 1964-65 and 2006. Mosaics are still be added and there are plans for further mosaics.

Comment  


  The Sacristy, Westminster Cathedral, London, Great Britain A side chapel, Westminster Cathedral, London, Great Britain   The Baptistry, Westminster Cathedral, London, Great Britain The Pulpit, Westminster Cathedral, London, Great Britain
Comments for other interior features, Westminster Cathedral, London